The world of investing is largely shaped by the varyingeconomic schools of thought that individuals fall under. One of the best-known of these groups is the Keynsian school, which promotes a more hands-ongovernment that has more control over a particular economy. Another big name in the world of economics is those that associate with the Austrian school of thought, which promotes a laissez-faire government that has little influence on the developments around it. As the years have gone on, the Austrian way of thinking has become incredibly popular, and has shaped a number of investors’ capital allocations [see also How to Play Schiff’s $5,000 Gold Prediction].
Below, we outline the top 40 Austrian Economics blogs for those looking to get a deeper understanding of this niche world.
The first group of Austrian Economics resources are what we defined (subjectively) as the most active of the list [see also The Ten Commandments of Commodity Investing].
- Luwig von Mises Institute: The who’s-who of Austrian resources, this website is a go to for investors all around the world.
- Austrianomics: A good resource with regular postings regarding this particular economic approach.
- Bastiat Institute: A regularly-updated Austrian blog that focuses on economies all across the globe.
- Economic Thought: A relatively small but extremely active resource chock full of ideas and commentary.
- The Radical Subjectivist: An extremely active and bold blog for those looking for strong opinions.
- Freeman: A blog that features regular posts about things like “How the Government Destroys Wealth”.
- Thinking Machine Blog: A good blog that features regular posts.
- Economic Freedom: This blog aims to bring you the latest news, research, commentary and analysis on what is impacting your quality of life.
- Monty Pelerin’s World: This popular blog features readers in over 150 countries as it keeps pace with global economic news.
- Mercatus Center: A George Mason University-run website that has a nice, widespread focus.
- Economic Liberty: A blog that allows visitors to post and share their ideas with the world.
- Austrian Economics and Liberty: A blog that focuses on both writing and videos to educate investors.